Skip to main content

Be Internet Awesome! Event

Hello everyone today I will be talking about an event Be Internet Awesome that I went to on Valintine's day at Phaya Thai School (โรงเรียนพญาไท). The event was about a game that Google made called Interland. I wrote about it before on my blog (Interland - Be Internet Awesome from Google). So to keep it simple the game was made for kids to play and to let kids know about the hackers and other bad things about the internet.


The game teaches about 5 being able to think before you do something, being able to detect fake news, how to make a strong password, being kind to others and lastly if you have any questions you can ask. To put it all in order is Smart, Alert, Strong, Kind and Brave.

  1. Share with Care (Be Internet Smart): What you share online has the potential to be forwarded, copied and found.
  2. Don’t Fall for Fake (Be Internet Alert): Always think critically before acting online; if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
  3. Secure Your Secrets (Be Internet Strong): Safeguarding your valuable information helps you avoid damaging devices, reputations and relationships.
  4. It’s Cool to Be Kind (Be Internet Kind): Block mean-spirited or inappropriate behavior online and use the Internet to spread positivity.
  5. When in Doubt, Talk It Out (Be Internet Brave): It’s important to be able to speak to trusted adults about anything suspicious you encounter online.
So people from the Google staff and the ministry of education was at the event. I even made friends with the person in charge of marketing and some other people for Google as well.


I still don't know how I got to meet them in person. I met someone from Google (not going to say their name), but we had a lot of things in common! She said that when she was young she didn't like to learn or speak Thai, but she got a job (which is the job she has now) about Google in Thailand. She also said that we were a lot better at talking in English in Thai and then I said the same thing too! We then talked a lot more about other things. Then someone came in (who also worked in Google) said: "hey she kinda reminds me of you" which surprised me a lot! When the grand opening was finished I went to go teach some kids.


I was the teacher's assistant that whole day because we had to teach some kids about the game and let them play the game. It was a lot of fun and I even became friends with some of the kids there too! I also talked to the person in charge of the event and hosted the event altogether (K.Pui Supitida) and she gave a gift. She asked me what kind of snacks/food I want to eat and I said "Macaroons!" she answered " Okay! Next time let's eat at a macaroon restaurant!.


Also, my Dad told me why we were invited to go to the event (more than teaching reasons.) It was because he used to work for a company that worked for Google and I said "huh... wait...WHAT???!!". I was surprised because my dad never told me about this. The company that he worked for was called "The S Curve" which I don't really know, but that doesn't really matter! Right now I am still confused as to what job to do in the future (which was also one of the topics that I talked about which the person that I made friends with today.)


I am thinking maybe I should work for Google like my dad or be a doctor like my mom, but maybe the Google option is probably better.






ref links :

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to make a countdown number - Kidbright

Hello everyone! Today I will be talking about how to make a countdown number in Kid-Bright. You might not know what I will be talking about, I had to write about this so let's just start! First, go to the software and drag the forever block and get the set to block as well. You don't have to change it, but you can if you want. Get the LED 2 chars block and put the block that lets you print or tell what to say not literally, but just like tells you what it is trying to tell you or speak to you or something. So anyways you write what you want on the block and then get the if do block and the = block. Next, get the switch 1 block from the sensor topic and the number block from the math topic. Next, get the repeat (while) block from the loop topic. Get the = block and 1 number block and change it to 0 and the X block in Math. Get another set x to block and a + block from math and another x and number block. Get the LED 2 chars block and put ANOTHER x block and last, but not

making a video for my school project

Hello everyone! Today I will talk about Cooking! So the title might sound a bit off, but my school has this project for everyone in the school to do it is called "English Zone". So my computer teacher said that we had to make a cooking video also one more thing about the English Zone project it's that we HAVE to speak in English like no absolute Thai at all anyways. So I made a cooking video cause my teacher said so I made a video on how to make Yorkshire pudding. Yorkshire pudding is a dish that is from the U.K. There are many recipes on how to make Yorkshire pudding I used a recipe that used olive oil and less flour. It didn't turn out well or taste well..... ANYWAYS!! At least I made the video! The video was the most important. the ingredients in order to make Yorkshire pudding is flour, milk, eggs, salt and olive oil if you want to make look it up. So anyways it is hard to make it though. You can eat this with steak, fries, coffee and etc. It's easy to make an

Happy new year 2019!

hello it is me focus! and it has been 1 full year of this blog! and let me tell you something every year that my family does we would make cookies! which kind of cookies? Butter cookies! At school i was known for the best baker there. I know most the ingredients so yeah. download calendar 2019 I would always give my cookies to my friends and teachers! But if they say they don't want any then i don't give them any! Because they asked for it. Next is that we would make a calendar every year since 2009 till this year 2019 when i was 1 year old i can't remember what the old ones look like when i came here in Thailand. well i guess that is all bye!