Skip to main content

Coding course by KidBright


Hello everyone today I will talk about what I had to do during the first week of the weekends. It is a bummer and all to do work on a month with no school and work, but I have to do it. Let me explain, so my dad asked me in the car if I wanted to do some courses I said okay, but didn't really agree. I am the type of person that says okay to a lot of things. So my dad took me to a coding course that was okay. They gave us free food and cool robotic stuff to learn coding with, which was okay for me. So on the first day, I came and we did some activities to start off within the mourning. Next, we just did the basics of coding like how to flip a coin or pick a random number from 1 to 100. Stuff like that for example. Next, we were introduced to kid bright. Kid bright is a type of coding thing that you can code things to do. It was a temperature sensor, a light level sensor, a speaker and some led lights to draw pictures on. So we can animate in the computer or laptop and send that signal to kid bright and it will do what it says. You can buy a switch and a led light bulb to code with, but you will need another component for that. The next day we advanced it a bit, we could send messages or signals to another kid bright or turn on the light bulb. The next day we had to do a group project it was about what we could do with the kid bright in our houses? That what was we did the whole entire day trying to build our model for the presentation. Also kid bright was used to inspire children to learn computer programming. On their smartphones, tablets or computers. Children could use kid bright to learn the basics of programming and also extending their creativity.

Kid bright is from the NECTEC (National Electronics and Computer Technology Center) from Thailand. Kid bright is also pretty similar to the Microbit in the UK. Microbit can pretty much do the same thing as kid bright. Like they both have LED lights and both have buttons to command and make a game out of, but Microbit doesn't have a temperature sensor, a light level sensor or a speaker. Microbit does have a shaking command too it unlike kid bright and it is smaller as well. Fun fact NECTEC delivered 200,000 kid bright boards to schools nationwide. They are going to deliver more than 1,000 public schools last year in July. Anyways that is all for today thanks for reading bye!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy (late) new years!

 So I know it kinda has been a week already, but I was just really lazy and I'm also sorry that I didn't really update for a long time. Anyways Happy New Years! My lack of motivation is really over 9000. Though I kinda haven't updated for a long time. So let's just hope that this year will be a better year because of, you know Covid. I mean it has been a pretty rough year and I must admit that everyone had a pretty rough year including me. My mom's best friend kinda has to have surgery and I am pretty close friends with their sons. So I hope that their mother will be alright. I am just really tired and I have almost completely forgotten I had this blog. SO HERE I AM. I mean I have started learning Hapkido and I have been expecting a test for it this year. If I passed then I will be able to get a yellow belt! If I am lucky I might get around a blue belt when it is time for me to leave Thailand. To be honest, I just want to learn self-defence, but it would be great if...

It's my Birthday!

 Hello everyone! Today I will be talking about my Birthday! Well, it's not my birthday yet tomorrow will be my birthday. Of course, because of COVID-19, I can't really go anywhere other than home and school. Oh yeah, my school is also opened now. No more online classes! Hooray! Even though the cases keep getting higher and higher every day! hooray! I mean happy birthday to me? I don't really know what to wish for though. I don't really know what I want so I will just say good luck and I want me and my Mom to be happy this year. This year I will be 13 now. I would love to celebrate with my friend's house, Noodee. But tomorrow it's a school day and also COVID-19 to not allow me to visit them. I am sorry if this was really, really, REALLY short. I am just not motivated to do anything and it's like 8 pm sooooo goodbye!

Happy (late) Mother's day!

Hello everyone! It's me Focus and today I will be talking about Mother's day! Well, I forgot to write about Mother's day yesterday, but here I am! At least I didn't forget it completely! So Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I hope you all had/have a great Mother's day yesterday! So today, of course, is on the Topic of mothers!  Everyone has Mother's right? I mean you can't be born unless you have a Mother, but there are also other kinds of parents. Like Adopted parents. If you don't have parents then, of course, you have Adopted or Stepparents. No matter what a mother is someone who cares for you dearly no matter if they are family-related or not. I care and love my Mom a lot and she loves me too. You know that thing like Mother's instinct? Yeah never mess with Mother's especially if it's a wild animal. That is just a heads up. Anyways I'm sure a lot of people love their Moms some don't. Either way, we must be together with our fami...